Parametric furniture and architecture are two fields that have been revolutionized by the integration of advanced technology and digital design. The term „parametric” refers to the use of algorithms and mathematical formulas to create intricate, complex designs that can be easily modified and adapted to suit specific needs. This approach has been widely adopted in the field of architecture and furniture design, with many manufacturers now offering a range of parametric furniture options.
It is is designed with the help of complex algorithms that enable designers to create custom pieces that are uniquely suited to their intended use. These pieces can range from simple tables and chairs to more complex, multi-functional units such as shelving systems and room dividers. One of the key advantages of parametric furniture is that it can be easily adapted and modified to suit different spaces and user requirements. This makes it ideal for use in a variety of settings, including residential, commercial, and public spaces.
In addition to its functional benefits, it is also highly aesthetic, often featuring intricate, geometric patterns and shapes that are visually striking and distinctive. This makes it a popular choice among designers and architects looking to create unique, eye-catching interiors.
There are many manufacturers on the market today, each offering a range of designs and styles to suit different needs and preferences. Some of the top parametric furniture manufacturers include:
- Design Form Studio – with theirs state-of-art online configurator, you can adapt furniture to your needs by adjusting dimensions and materials.
- Haptonomy – a furniture design company that specializes in furniture that adapts to the needs of the user.
- Adamaas – a design studio that creates unique and innovative furniture pieces using cutting-edge technology and materials.
- Formafantasma – an Italian design studio that creates parametric furniture pieces that are both functional and visually stunning.
- Phillip Grass – a designer and manufacturer of parametric furniture that combines natural materials with advanced digital technology to create one-of-a-kind pieces.
- Mygdal Plantlamp – a design studio that creates parametric furniture pieces that are also living plants, creating a unique and functional indoor garden.
Parametric furniture and architecture are two fields that are rapidly evolving, with new technologies and design approaches constantly emerging. As such, it is important for designers, architects, and consumers to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments in these areas to ensure that they are able to make informed decisions when it comes to selecting furniture and designing spaces that are both functional and visually appealing.
Try our parametric forms configurator here.